Kayara

• Guild Master
  • Administrator
    • Druid
    • View Profile
[Accepted] Private App - Negnelfi
« on: Oct 10, 2018 02:23 »
About you:

1.  Introduce yourself (name, age, sex, location etc)
I'm Neg, 27 male from the UK (Near London)

2.  Can you attend at least 75% of our raids? (Monday, Tuesday and Thursday: 20:30 - 00:00 [Server Time])
I can yes. I would expect my raid attendance to be close to 100%

3.  Will you be on time (invites start at 20:15) and prepared for the raids you attend?
Yes

4.  When is your normal play time?
I play most evenings after work from 18:30 st up until quite late on occasion. Weekends i'm generally about unless i have plans irl.

5.  Do you have good English skills? Both written and spoken?
I do

6.  Do you have, or would you be willing to get Discord?
I do

7.  Do you have a working microphone that you're willing to use when needed?
I do

8.  Do you know anyone within the guild who can support your application? If not, how did you come to hear about us?
I don't think so

About WoW:

1.  Introduce your character (name, race, class, spec, etc)
Negnelfi - Night Elf - Balance Druid

2.  Please provide a link to your armoury profile and if possible a link to any web stats that feature you.
https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/emerald-dream/negnelfi
https://raider.io/characters/eu/emerald-dream/Negnelfi
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/eu/emerald-dream/negnelfi

3.  Please explain the choices you made regarding optimising your character (e.g. stat balancing, gems/enchants etc).
Stat balancing is fairly straight forwards these days. All gem/enchant choices are based on Stat weights from simming. Due to the array buff Stat weights change dramatically when in Uldir as opposed to other content. This means i run a different gear setup for raiding and have to hold on to a lot of gear pieces to adjust for the stat change each week.

4.  What rotation or prioritisation of abilities do you use, and why?
Keep dots up, use starsurge to not cap ap, use empowerments to not cap them, otherwise cast solar wrath on 1 target, Lunar Strike on 2+ targets. If 3 or more targets starsurge is replaced with Starfall.
These are the basics of boomkin dps however to go into more detail you'd have to give me a specific fight. Boomkin is a build/spend spec so high performance comes with pre planning and knowing the fight more than just knowing a rotation. One of the biggest killers to boomkin dps is movement, we can barely do anything damage wise whilst moving. If i know at which points in a fight i am going to need to move to dodge a pool under my feet. I can pool my astral power just beforehand, and cast starsurge whilst moving instead of being stuck spamming sunfire. Movement is of course relevant in nearly all fights but then every fight has its own specific mechanics, knowing these mechanics and planning your movement + cooldowns well in advance is crucial to Balance.

5.  What guilds have you been in? Why did you leave?
Back in MoP I was raiding in a highly competitive guild for the first tier but quit the game as the 25 hour a week raid schedule burnt me out.
Returned in Legion and moved to the server to play with my gf. Joined Fighting Mongooses who did a bit of casual normal/heroic raiding as i didn't want to go back to the kind of raiding i was doing before.
As someone who enjoys trying to push their performance as much as they can being in a guild where most people are not of that mindset wasn't really my thing. Wanted to at least have a go at mythic raiding (I've never raided Mythic as I quit MoP before it was a thing) so I joined VII on recommendation of a friend as they appeared to be more focused on progress whilst still keeping the number of raids hours a week at a reasonable level. Joined just before Antorus started and felt good to be back around people with a similar skill level and mindset. There were a few decisions made by leadership towards the end of the tier that I felt maybe weren't the best decisions however none of this was enough to make me seek a new guild.

Moving into bfa however things have felt very different. As is common with the period between expansions quite a few players disappeared. In the current set of players regularly being taken into mythic I feel like many are not performing to a standard required for mythic progress, but more so it seems many are not actually bothered about identifying where they can improve and trying to do so. In the last few weeks I’ve found myself unsatisfied with most decisions the leadership have made with regards to where our raid time is spent and who is being benched. This brings me to now, where I think I would find my time more enjoyable elsewhere. Its not been an easy decision as for all the flaws VII has there are some really great people here. One of the reasons I’m keen to find a new home on the same Realm is so I can still say hi to people around Boralus.
6.  Do you have any alts or experience of other classes?
I have a few alts that I sometimes play around a little bit with, but I haven’t raided on an alt since cata. I’ve been a druid main since late tbc and Balance has been 100% of my focus since cata.

7.  Please list what raid experience you have gained with other guilds:-
Didn’t start really progress raiding until cata in which I cleared most of Firelands HC and all of Dragonsoul HC.
Cleared 14 HC MoP Tier 1 before the 25 hour week raid schedule took its toll and I quit.
Cleared NH & ToS HC with FM. Then did 5/8M ToS with VII
11/11m Antorus with VII
Currently 2/8M Uldir

Finally:

1.  Why do you wish to join Indecisive?
The guild has a good history of progression on the realm whilst keeping hours per week reasonable. Raid days which suit my play times. And from looking at logs a well performing raid team.

2.  What can you offer to this guild? Are we a good fit for you?
I am a player that puts a lot of time and effort (both inside and outside of raids) into maximising raid performance. I always ensure I have consumables ready before each raid. I tend to spend a fair bit of time analysing logs not just to identify areas for my own improvement but for the raid team overall. Some times it only takes a few small changes to secure a kill.

With regards to being a good fit. Every guild asks that question and unless you already know half of the guild its impossible to say really. As far as raid performance goes I’m absolutely confident that if given a spot I will meet your expectations. Social wise we’d have to wait and see.

3.  Do you have any questions for us?
Not so much a question but more just want to get this out there as something to consider when making a decision. I know your raid roster is quite full, I don’t know how your decide who raids who is on the bench each night etc. But as much as I would like to find a raid team I can be a part of whilst staying on ED, I’m not looking to join a guild and sit on the bench like most of the VII recruits seem to end up. If you do not feel you would be able to a consistent raid spot (I of course understand benching is sometime required for composition on certain bosses) I would prefer a straight up decline.

Please feel free to msg me if you have any further questions and I’m always happy to hop into discord to discuss my app further. Btag Neg#2661

Thanks for your time.

Ka

Kayara

• Guild Master
  • Administrator
    • Druid
    • View Profile
Re: Private App - Negnelfi
« Reply #1 on: Oct 10, 2018 02:23 »
Hey Neg,

As we spoke about earlier, we are pleased to offer you a trial with us, please whisper an officer when you a ready for your invite.