• 2 Replies
Ol

Oli

• Raider
    • Druid
    • View Profile
[Accepted] Nelfdrood: Restoration - Druid
« on: Nov 07, 2018 16:28 »
Looking at other Apps, I may have gone OTT a little bit. My bad.

About you:

1.  Introduce yourself (name, age, sex, location etc)
I'm Oli, Male, 26. Live near York, UK.

2.  Can you attend at least 75% of our raids? (Monday, Tuesday and Thursday: 20:30 - 00:00 [Server Time])
Yep, I occasionally attend a devops talk on the second Tuesday every month, but only if the topics are interesting to me, which obviously falls on a raid night.

3.  Will you be on time (invites start at 20:15) and prepared for the raids you attend?
Yep.

4.  When is your normal play time?
Typically from when I get home from work until I go to sleep (7/8CEST), or most of the afternoon/evening/night on weekends

5.  Do you have good English skills? Both written and spoken?
Yep

6.  Do you have, or would you be willing to get Discord?
Yep

7.  Do you have a working microphone that you're willing to use when needed?
Yep

8.  Do you know anyone within the guild who can support your application? If not, how did you come to hear about us?
I recognise a few names from when I was in here back in late Wrath/early Cata, but no one who can vouch for me these days.
Just wowprogress

About WoW:

1.  Introduce your character (name, race, class, spec, etc)
Nelfdrood, Night Elf (until KT comes out), Resto Druid.

2.  Please provide a link to your armoury profile and if possible a link to any web stats that feature you.
https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/emerald-dream/Nelfdrood
https://raider.io/characters/eu/emerald-dream/nelfdrood
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/eu/emerald-dream/nelfdrood

My Monk is currently my main, so he has better parses/history
https://www.worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/emerald-dream/Olì
https://raider.io/characters/eu/emerald-dream/Olì
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/eu/emerald-dream/olì
(Doesn't look like my i is working in the links, it's alt + 0236)

3.  Please explain the choices you made regarding optimising your character (e.g. stat balancing, gems/enchants etc).
Fortunately all starts are fairly equal for resto druid, and because of that you can usually just go with ilvl.
After Int, haste is a good stat as it just speeds everything up, and thankfully there are no break points as HoTs can now do "half ticks"
Mastery shines in M+ where you can get HoTs on each person, but also shines for tank healing in m+
Vers/Crit are just raw increases, nothing to scoff at.

Talents are situation specific; for raiding I'd take Cenarion Ward but Abundance for m+, if I need to have a constant 10% DR and don't need to catweave, I'd swap to Guardian affinity for the extra 10% DR on top of Barkskin and the normal bear form DR%. If a fight requires higher sustained AoE, I'd take Soul of the Forest and Spring Blossoms (if I could maintain on 6+ targets), but if the fight had occasional high burst, I'd take Incarnation and Inner Peace. Stonebark is my go to in M+. Germination is pretty much reserved for M+ but could be swapped out for Flourish, while Flourish is standard for Raid.

For Azerite, ideally I'd have an Autumn Leaves and 2x Archive, but at the moment I'm stuck with 1x Archive and 2x Lively Spirit (Which is fun to see how much int I can get from a single innervate, but not as effective for healing as Autumn Leaves)

4.  What rotation or prioritisation of abilities do you use, and why?
Maintain the suite of HoTs on the tank(s). Keep Efflorescence down.
Pre-casting rejuv on many people before bursts and following up with Wild Growth (and Flourish if required) is probably the most mana efficient play style, as we want to avoid hard casting Regrowth without a Clearcasting proc.
Firing off as many rejuvs as possible before casting tranquility is also extremely efficient as it is an additional HoT that provides extra healing for our mastery. And again, can be extended and buffed by Flourish.

5.  What guilds have you been in? Why did you leave?
I joined Fighting Mongooses on my then main in 2008, I left because I wanted to raid more, and joined Indecisive for ICC 25 HC Farm and a little bit of first tier cata progress.
I stopped playing shortly after the launch of cata, but came back right near the end where I raided with Angels of Ares for 3 months, After that I returned to Fighting Mongooses for a more casual play style, until an old friend convinced me to tank a HoF10 with their guild, BattleRagers and I've been with them ever since. In HFC our raid roster collapsed so we "merged" with HeadHunters from Terenas (my remaining players raided along with them through mythic)

6.  Do you have any alts or experience of other classes?
Yep, I currently the main tank for BattleRagers on my monk. I (currently) have 6 120s, BrM, Blood DK, Prot Warrior, Veng DH, Frost Mage and this druid.
I completed the Mage Tower Challenges on all 36 classes in Legion, and intend to do the same in BfA if there is an equivalent.

7.  Please list what raid experience you have gained with other guilds:-
I've been raiding since the start of Wrath, clearing at least 10 man every tier, I started properly raiding in ICC. I've been a raid Leader in BattleRagers since Highmaul.
13/14 HC ICC with you guys
(Admittedly I joined you guys on farm)
2/9 HC DS with AoA
11/14 HC SoO (before Mythic)
14/14 Mythic SoO (before WoD came out)
1/7M Highmaul
10/10HC BRF
13/13M HFC
(3 (technically 4 as we beat ourselves in IronDocks) realm best CM times, ID, SMBG, UBRS)
1/7M Emerald Nightmare
3/3HC ToV
4/10M Nighthold
4/9M ToS
7/11M Antorus

Finally:

1.  Why do you wish to join Indecisive?
I wanted something more from raiding, currently if I want to raid on anything harder than normal on my druid, I have to pug heroic, and believe me, just asking for AotC is not enough to verify pugs know how to do fights.

2.  What can you offer to this guild? Are we a good fit for you?
As you can see from my "Please list what raid experience you have gained with other guilds" section, I've been raiding for almost 9 years (apart from the middle of Cata). Over those years I've honed my abilities as a raider, and raid leader. I've been one my guilds go-to for assistance with log deciphering since we started logging in SoO (World of Logs back then). And despite main changing from HPally, to Lock, to BDK, to BrM, I've always strived to be the best I can.

3.  Do you have any questions for us?
I have no intention of stopping raiding with BattleRagers, I've been with them for nearly 6 years and have a lot of good friends there. If you all are OK with it, I'll raid with both you and them?
« Last Edit: Nov 13, 2018 00:38 by Navi »

Unarii

• Socialite
    • Monk
    • View Profile
Re: Nelfdrood: Restoration - Druid
« Reply #1 on: Nov 07, 2018 17:47 »
Hey Oli.

Well review your application and get back to you. :).

J.
« Last Edit: Nov 07, 2018 18:14 by Unarii »
Kesara 28/08/2018 at 11:07 AM
We are totally going into BfA with love and understanding for our fellow healers and working as a team.
Or some shit like that.

Unarii

• Socialite
    • Monk
    • View Profile
Re: Nelfdrood: Restoration - Druid
« Reply #2 on: Nov 10, 2018 00:00 »
Hi Oli.

As discussed, we're happy to give you a trail. Message myself or one of the other officers when we're online and we'll invite you. :)
Kesara 28/08/2018 at 11:07 AM
We are totally going into BfA with love and understanding for our fellow healers and working as a team.
Or some shit like that.